30-minute Low FODMAP Cilantro Lime Quinoa with Chicken is an easy low FODMAP meal made with just 10 flavor-packed ingredients. It features a fresh cilantro lime sauce soaked into a mix of hearty whole-grain quinoa, tender chicken bites, and sauteed bell pepper.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2¼ cups low FODMAP broth, divided (I use prepared Fody Foods Low FODMAP Vegetable Soup Base)
- 2 teaspoon avocado oil (or other cooking oil)
- 1 to 1.25 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cubed
- 2 teaspoons low FODMAP taco seasoning (or make your own)
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper (or red bell pepper)
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
- ⅓ cup chopped green onions, green parts only
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons garlic-infused olive oil
- Rinse quinoa (if needed) and cook according to package instructions, using 2 cups of broth instead of water.
- Meanwhile, heat avocado oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Toss chicken cubes in taco seasoning. Add chicken to skillet. Cook until the chicken is almost done.
- Add the diced bell pepper and continue to cook until the chicken is done (edges are lightly browned and the inside is no longer pink), and the pepper pieces are fork-tender.
- Place the remaining ¼ cup low FODMAP broth, cilantro, green onion tops, lime juice, and garlic-infused oil into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add the cooked quinoa and sauce into the skillet with the chicken. Stir to mix.
- Serve warm.
Storage: Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Freezing is not recommended.
Low FODMAP Serving: One serving (1/4 of this recipe) uses low FODMAP amounts of ingredients at the time of publication. Please refer to the Monash FODMAP app or FODMAP Friendly app for more information about specific ingredients.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Skillet
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: low FODMAP, gluten free, dairy free, chicken, easy meal,