Looking for a complete low FODMAP meal in less than 30 minutes, this Low FODMAP Cilantro Lime Quinoa with Chicken is your ticket to a winner, winner, easy low FODMAP chicken dinner.
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 2 cups low FODMAP chicken broth (or make your own)
- 2 tsp. avocado oil (or other cooking oil)
- 1 lb. skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 tsp. low FODMAP taco seasoning (or make your own)
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper (or red bell pepper)
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
- ⅓ cup chopped green onions, green parts only
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. garlic-infused olive oil
- Rinse quinoa (if needed) and cook according to package instructions, using broth instead of water.
- Meanwhile, heat avocado oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Toss chicken cubes in taco seasoning. Add chicken to skillet and cook until almost done. Add diced bell pepper and continue to cook until chicken is done and pepper pieces are fork tender. Set aside.
- Place cilantro, green onion tops, lime juice, and garlic-infused oil into a blender. Blend until almost smooth – there will still be small pieces of cilantro in the sauce.
- Add cooked quinoa and sauce into skillet with chicken. Stir to mix.
- Serve warm topped with optional garnishes.
Green Peppers: A low FODMAP serving is ½ cup or 52 grams.
- Calories: 405
- Fat: 16 g
- Carbohydrates: 32 g
- Fiber: 3.6 g
- Protein: 34 g
Keywords: low FODMAP, gluten free, dairy free, chicken, easy meal,