These Low FODMAP Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Potatoes are perfect for a simple, family-friendly weeknight meal.
- 4 medium russet potatoes, washed well
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt or kosher salt
- 2 cups diced or shredded cooked chicken breast (or rotisserie chicken made with low FODMAP ingredients)
- ½ cup Low FODMAP Buffalo Sauce
- 1 bag (about 2 cups) steamable frozen broccoli (I use Birdseye Steamfresh)
Creamy Herb Sauce
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
- Using a fork, pierce each potato several times on all sides. Rub each potato with ½ teaspoon olive oil, sprinkle with salt, and place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave for 4 minutes. Flip the potatoes and microwave for another 3 minutes or until fork-tender. Cooking time will vary depending on microwave power and the size of the potatoes. If your potatoes aren’t cooked after 7 minutes, continue microwaving in 1-minute increments until fork tender. Allow the potatoes to cool for 3-4 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, toss the cooked chicken with the buffalo sauce. Warm, if needed, either on the stove or in the microwave.
- Once potatoes are done, microwave broccoli according to package instructions.
- While broccoli is cooking, whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar, dill, and chives in a small bowl.
- After the potatoes have cooled slightly, Carefully slice each potato in half lengthwise, stopping about a ¼-inch from the bottom to keep the two sides intact. Using a fork, fluff the insides.
- Assemble by topping each potato with ½ cup chicken, ½ cup broccoli, and about 1 tablespoon of the herb mayonnaise sauce.
- Serve warm.
Low FODMAP Serving: One serving of this recipe contains low FODMAP amounts of ingredients. Individual tolerance may vary. For more information on specific ingredients, please refer to the Monash FODMAP App or check out the “FODMAP Notes” section (above the recipe).
Live Free Foods Ranch Dressing is a certified low FODMAP ranch dressing option. It can be substituted for the creamy herb sauce in this recipe.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: American