These cheesy Low FODMAP Stuffed Peppers with Rice and Broccoli are a yummy meatless meal or side dish. And, they’re budget-friendly!
- 4 medium red bell peppers, halved and seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons garlic-infused olive oil
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (I like to use Birds Eye Steamfresh Brown Rice)
- 2 cups steamed broccoli (I like to use frozen steamable broccoli)
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced mild green chiles, drained
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
Optional garnish: Cilantro or sliced green onion tops (green parts only)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly coat a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Place the halved peppers into the baking dish, cut side up.
- In a large bowl, mix together olive oil, cooked brown rice, cooked broccoli, green chiles, salt, paprika, and ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese. Once mixed, scoop mixture into pepper cups, distributing evenly. Top with remaining ½ cup cheese.
- Bake peppers for 20 minutes or until the peppers are fork-tender.
- Serve peppers warm topped with optional cilantro or green onion tops (green parts only).
Storage: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Red Bell Peppers: FODMAPs were not detected. However, peppers naturally-contain a compound called capsaicin, which may be a non-FODMAP trigger in some individuals with IBS.
Broccoli: A low FODMAP serving is ¾ cup or 75 grams.
Canned Green Chiles: Double check ingredients. Choose one that does not have onion or garlic. Green chiles also contain capsaicin, which may be a non-FODMAP trigger in some individuals with IBS.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Vegetarian, plant-based, supper