Gluten-free and sugar-free, this Low FODMAP Breakfast Sausage recipe offers a classic breakfast staple without the garlic or onion powder!
- 1 Tbsp. dried sage
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. dried fennel seeds
- 1 tsp. dried marjoram or thyme
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- Mix together sage, black pepper, fennel, marjoram, salt, and red pepper in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, add pork, turkey, and spice mixture. Using your hands, mix well and form into patties.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add patties and cook 5 minutes per side, or until done.
Marjoram: Marjoram has not yet been tested for FODMAP content by Monash. As a small amount is used and all other tested herbs are low FODMAP, I do not believe it will be an issue for most individuals. However, if you’re on the FODMAP elimination phase and want to be “safe”, thyme is a suitable substitute.
Red Pepper Flakes: Peppers and chilies contain capsaicin, which contributes to their spiciness. Capsaicin may be a non-FODMAP trigger for some individuals with IBS.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pork, turkey, brunch, paleo, low FODMAP recipe