Enjoy these warm, fluffy low FODMAP blueberry muffins for breakfast or dessert. They’re made with just 9 ingredients including low FODMAP amounts of blueberries, wheat-free flour, and almond milk.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a regular muffin tin with muffin liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk gluten-free flour, baking powder, and salt until mixed. Using a spatula, create a well in the center of the flour mixture.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together sugar, avocado oil, low FODMAP milk, eggs, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the well created in the center of the dry ingredients. Whisk until just mixed.
- Gently fold the blueberries into the muffin batter.
- Divide the batter evenly into the lined muffin tin cups. I like to use a ¼-cup ice cream scoop (with a trigger) to help.
- Bake for 28-32 minutes, or until the tops are lightly golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from the oven. Cool in the muffin tin for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm. Or, remove muffins from tin and transfer to a wire cooling rack. Cool muffins completely before storing.
Storage: After cooling completely to room temperature, transfer muffins to an airtight container and store at room temperature for 3-4 days. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Low FODMAP Serving: One serving (1 muffin) is low FODMAP by ingredients. Individual tolerance may vary. For more information about specific ingredients, please refer to the “Low FODMAP Notes” section (above the recipe in the blog post) or the Monash FODMAP app.
Frozen blueberries: Frozen blueberries can be substituted for fresh. When I tested this, the muffins had a slight blue-purple hue but were overall very similar in taste and texture to the muffins made with fresh.
Flax eggs: I have also tried this recipe substituting flax eggs (2 tablespoons flaxseed meal thickened in 5 tablespoons water) in place of the eggs to make these muffins plant-based. The result is a denser blueberry muffin with a pronounced flaxseed flavor.
- Category: Dessert, Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: low FODMAP muffin, gluten-free, dairy-free, low FODMAP baking