Looking for a fast, delicious, and low FODMAP-friendly recipe to satisfy your taco craving? These Tex Mex-inspired Low FODMAP Beef Tacos are made with just 10 ingredients and can be ready in less than 20 minutes.
Taco Beef or Turkey
- 2 teaspoons garlic-infused olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced mild green chilies
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and black pepper // I use ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 8 hard corn taco shells
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups finely shredded romaine or iceberg lettuce
- 8 small cherry tomatoes, diced
- Heat garlic-infused oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the ground beef and cook, breaking into crumbles, until browned, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- While the beef is browning, whisk together the water, tomato paste, ground cumin, and smoked paprika in a small bowl. Honestly, I sometimes skip this step and add the sauce ingredients directly to the skillet with the browned ground meat. It requires a little more intentional mixing to make sure there are no clumps of tomato paste, but it saves a dish.
- Once the beef is cooked, stir in the tomato mixture and canned green chiles. Continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes or until everything is hot. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve taco beef warm in hard corn taco shells. Top each taco with up to 2 tablespoons of shredded cheddar cheese, ¼ cup shredded lettuce, and 1 diced cherry tomato.
Low FODMAP Serving: One serving (2 tacos) of this recipe is made with low FODMAP amounts of ingredients. Individual tolerance may vary. For more information on specific ingredients, please refer to the Monash FODMAP App or check out the “FODMAP Notes” section (above the recipe).
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Skillet
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex
Keywords: ground beef tacos, ground turkey tacos, easy tacos, basic tacos,