Low FODMAP BBQ Pork Sandwiches are an easy slow cooker main dish that is perfect for serving a crowd or enjoying as leftovers throughout the week.
- 1 (10.75-ounce) can 100% tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon garlic-infused olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 2 to 3 pound pork butt or shoulder roast
Serving Suggestion: low FODMAP hamburger buns (Schär Gluten-Free Hamburger Buns are certified low FODMAP)
- Place all ingredients through cayenne pepper into a slow cooker. Stir to mix.
- Add pork and cook on low for 6-8 hours, high for 4-6 hours, or until pork is cooked and shreds easily.
- Shred cooked pork with two forks and stir to coat with sauce. I do this directly in the slow cooker.
- Serve pork warm in low FODMAP hamburger buns.
Storage: Leftover pork can be refrigerated in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
Worcestershire sauce has been laboratory-tested for FODMAPs by Monash University. Despite containing garlic, it is low FODMAP in servings of 2 tablespoons or 42 grams.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Crockpot, Barbecue, Pork, Sandwich