Fresh and colorful, this 10-minute Low FODMAP Asian Zoodle Salad is DE-lish! Make this fast and flavorful salad recipe for a light lunch or serve with shrimp for a quick supper.
- 1 (5 oz.) package zoodles or 2 small zucchini (up to 150 grams), spiralized
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup minced chives
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- ½ tsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. garlic-infused olive oil
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp. shelled sunflower seeds
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- Toss together zucchini, carrot, pepper, cilantro, and chives in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together rice vinegar, sugar, olive oil, and sesame oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add dressing to salad mixture and toss to coat. Garnish with optional sunflower seeds and red pepper flakes. This salad is best when served immediately after preparing.
Zucchini: A low FODMAP serving is a ⅓ cup or 65 grams.
Sunflower Seeds: A low FODMAP serving is 2 teaspoons, hulled or 6 grams, according to Monash University. The FODMAP Friendly Food Program has also tested sunflower seeds to be low FODMAP in servings up to 3 tablespoons or 30 grams.
Keywords: low FODMAP salad, zoodles, fresh salad, veggie salad,