Instant Pot Low FODMAP Basmati Rice – FODMAP-friendly staple made a little more hands-off with the help of a pressure cooker.
- Place the basmati rice in a bowl and cover with cold water. Let soak for 15 minutes. Drain and rinse. Set aside.
- Select the “Saute” function the Instant Pot. Add ghee and let melt. Press “Cancel” on the Instant Pot. Stir in drained rice. Add water and salt. Stir to mix.
- Place lid on top of Instant Pot and secure. Set vent to “Sealing”.
- Select the “Manual” setting on the Instant Pot. Adjust time to 5 minutes on “High Pressure” and cook. After cooking, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes before carefully switching the vent to “Venting” to release any remaining pressure. Remove lid.
- Fluff the rice with a fork. Serve warm topped with optional chives.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Indian-American
Keywords: rice, plant-based, vegetarian,