Looking for a warm, comforting bowl of Indian-inspired goodness?! Try Low FODMAP Chicken Biryani! You won’t regret it 🙂
- 1 ½ cup basmati rice
- 1 lb. boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- ¾ cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp. biryani seasoning
- ½ lemon, juice of
- 2 Tbsp. garlic-infused olive oil
- 1 jalapeño pepper, cut in half
- 1 tomato, diced
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. red pepper flakes (or more, to taste)
- ¼ cup fresh mint, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Place basmati rice in a bowl and cover with warm water. Set aside.
- In another bowl, add chicken pieces, coconut milk, biryani seasoning and lemon juice. Toss to coat and set aside to marinate.
- After 20 minutes or so, heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Once hot, add coconut milk chicken mixture and jalapeño. Bring to a boil; then reduce heat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Drain rice and add to chicken. Add 1 1/2 cups hot water and diced tomatoes; stir to mix. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is cooked.
- Once rice is tender, remove from heat and top with chopped herbs. Enjoy!
Biryani Seasoning: Not all spices in the biryani seasoning have been tested for FODMAP content. Although the amount called for within this recipe is not expected to trigger symptoms, this recipe may not be suitable for all people following a low FODMAP diet.